By: David | September 23, 2010
Recently someone I met at Always On conference at Stanford asked me to list all the things you could do on spigit and I thought I would publish the answer as a top 10 list on this blog so that everyone would benefit from it. So here you go…
- Start contributing to interesting discussions on spigit. Review exciting start ups featured on spigit.com. Participate in discussion threads posted on topics of interest within different spigit sectors. Give your feedback to the start ups featured on our site.
- Fill out your resume. spigit is rapidly expanding its community of professional users. Keeping your resume up to date will go a long way towards promoting yourself in the community.
- Start blogging. Every user on spigit has his/her own blog. Blogging regularly is the best way of establishing your personal brand, starting conversation with potential and existing customers, partners, and employers.
- Trade in spock market. Spot companies early as they go IPO on spigit. You can adopt a long term strategy and hold on to the spocks in disruptive start ups, or you can do micro-trading. Prices go down a bit during the weekend when there is less traffic. Sell before it starts to dip and buy your spocks back at the bottom!
- Connect to other users. Look at the backgrounds of other users and check if there is a mutual interest in connecting. If you connect to the right people, it enhances your background. You will see their activity on your dashboard and vice versa. That’s a great way of keeping up with content published by your family, friends, and colleagues.
- Got a brainwave? Post your thought on “IdeaHub”. You never know, it might graduate to a start up if enough people like it!
- Become a believer. Do you see an interesting start up that could benefit from your involvement? Approach them to see if they make you a believer in their company. Besides getting “preferred spocks” in their company and earning lots of spigits, you could become an employee or land a contract in the real world.
- Submit your start up. If you are an entrepreneur, you should seriously consider submitting your start up to spigit.com. Start ups currently featured on spigit.com are getting lots more eyeballs from consumers, VCs, potential partners and employees. There is a great cross-pollination of ideas happening within the micro-community of entrepreneurs.
- Become an expert. If you are a VC, senior technologist, well-regarded blogger, or someone who thinks he/she has the potential, apply to become an expert on spigit.com. This is a great way of getting yourself noticed.
- Post a job or a product in spigit marketplace. spigit has a marketplace section where you can post your job openings and contracting opportunities. spigit is an excellent place to find good professional talent and consumers.
Co-Founder & CTO